The Full Story
High winds hit parts of Clallam County
November 14th, 2017 - 06:00 am
PORT ANGELES – The greater Port Angeles area was spared the harshest winds from yesterday's storm.
But parts of the west and east ends of Clallam County were hit hard.
The winds gusted to more than 40 miles an hour around Sequim and eastward as well as the Forks area in the west end.
Those winds caused numerous outages for Clallam PUD customers.
The wind knocked a tree into an SUV traveling along Highway 20 near Port Townsend. The two passengers from Port Orchard were not injured.
The forecast improves a bit the rest of the week. There will still be some breezy conditions today, but nearly the intensity as yesterday.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas