The Full Story
More rain, high winds expected Monday on north Peninsula
November 13th, 2017 - 05:30 am
UNDATED – More heavy rain and some gusty winds are expected for parts of our area Monday.
The National Weather Service has a high wind advisory up for the Port Angeles area. The extreme east end of the county has a high wind warning up.
Forecasters say winds will develop out of the south possibly sustained at 40 miles an hour gusting to 60 miles an hour on parts of the north Peninsula near the water.
Those winds will switch east later this evening and continue to be quite blustery.
More rain is expected as well. But nothing like the soaker we had yesterday.
The airport in Port Angeles picked up one and a third inches of rain in 24 hours, making it one of the wettest spots in western Washington yesterday.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas