The Full Story
PA Coast Guard base to host Veterans Day celebration Saturday
November 9th, 2017 - 09:30 am
PORT ANGELES – The Coast Guard station in Port Angeles will once again host a regional celebration for Veterans Day.
The ceremony starts Saturday at 10:30 am.
It will feature a number of musical performances and a keynote speech from Retired Marine Corps Colonel Thomas Johnson on his role as an aviator. Johnson flew a record 506 close-air support missions in the A-4 Skyhawk in Vietnam.
Coast Guard station commander Mark Hiigel says it's an honor to host the ceremony again at the station on Ediz Hook.
The ceremony is open to the public. It's recommended you show up about an hour early in order to clear the security screening.
After the ceremony, there will be a cookie and coffee social sponsored by the Clamp County Veterans Association.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats