The Full Story
Woman hit crossing busy PA street
November 7th, 2017 - 06:00 am
PORT ANGELES –Port Angeles police are still investigating a pickup versus pedestrian accident yesterday afternoon.
It happened about 3:45 at the corner of Jones and Front Streets.
Police say 34-year-old Travis Berglund was stopped on Jones heading south. He was making a right-hand turn and looking to his left for vehicle traffic.
When he proceeded on Front, he hit 24-year-old Natasha Taylor who was crossing the street to his right, the pickup's front and back wheels ran over Taylor.
Berglund immediately stopped and asked witnesses to call 911.
Traffic was heavy at the time, and Front Street was closed for awhile.
Police say no citations or charges have been filed in the case, but they are asking for anyone who may have witnessed the actual collision to contact them.
Authorities have not released the Taylor's condition.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas