The Full Story
Genealogical Society of Clallam County Celebrates Veteran's Day
November 6th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
The general meeting of the Genealogical Society of Clallam County will
be Saturday, November 11, from 10am to noon. We will be meeting in the
Raymond Carver room of the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody Street.
Our program will celebrate Veteran’s day and those ancestors who served
in the military. Our speaker will be Rod Fleck, a genealogist-historian
who has an extensive background in military research. The title of his
presentation will be Researching Your Military Ancestor. He will
explain how to use Fold-3, an essential data base for finding papers and
information on these who served in the different wars.
Come 15 to 20 minutes before the meeting begins to register, visit, and
have a cup of coffee. If you have some military memorials you would
like to share and display, bring those as well.
Rod always provides an entertaining and informative program and has
promised to answer questions afterwards.
The public is warmly invited to join us. There is no cost to attend the
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas