The Full Story
Meeting Wednesday night on city trail section
October 11th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) -- The city of Port Angeles hosts an open house this evening to introduce designs for the waterfront and Olympic Trail Project.
This will be the final phase of a project that began in 2009 when the City of Port Angeles partnered with Peninsula Trails Coalition, Clallam County, and the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe to complete the section of the Olympic Discovery Trail that runs between the Elwha River and the intersection of Hill Street and Marine Drive.
Ben Braudrick, Assistant Planner for Port Angeles, says the new designs are a result of a lot of public input on the project:
This final phase will fill a one-mile gap in the trail that runs along the working waterfront area at the Valley Creek Estuary, and along the Marine Bluff and Crown Park neighborhoods.
Wednesday's open house will give citizens a chance to see the plans and designs and get their questions answered. The meeting is from 4:00 to 7:00 in the Vern Burton Meeting Rooms on 4th Street.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan