The Full Story
Burn restrictions lifted in Clallam County
October 11th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – Clallam County's burn ban has been lifted.
After staying in place for nearly two weeks longer than usual, the county fire marshal says effective today, all outdoor burning will be permitted.
However, those living in the cities and urban growth areas of Port Angeles, Sequim, Carlsborg and Joyce are restricted from outdoor burning under state law.
A long, dry summer prompted longer and stricter restrictions on lands around the area this year.
The county has an annual burn restriction in place each summer, but it is usually lifted at the end of September.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange