The Full Story
Crabfest 2017 a record breaker
October 10th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) -- The 16th Annual Dungeness Crab and Seafood Fest is in the books and, according to Crabfest Director Scott Nagel, the weekend was a huge success.
If there’s any single indicator of the growing attendance, it would have to be the amount of crab sold.
Friday night there was a bit of drama when unexpected gale force winds blew in and destroyed a dozen or so vendor tents on the pier. Organizers worked until 4AM to get things cleaned up and ready for Saturday. New tents and canopies were collected from various sources, and everything was ready to go on time. We asked Nagel how he accounts for the growing popularity of Crabfest:
If you missed out this year’s festival, mark your calendar for next year, October 5th through the 7th.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan