The Full Story
Local cooperative extension director to take over Jefferson County office too
October 10th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – Clallam County's Co-operative extension agent is taking over duties for Jefferson County as well.
Clea Rome will soon start serving as director of both counties' WSU extension offices
Rome told Clallam County commissioners Monday, her appointment comes as the current director in Jefferson has been appointed to a state-wide WSU program dealing with Food Safety.
Rome's move to handle both counties is part of a new regional strategy for the Olympic Peninsula extension offices. Rome says the move makes four new WSU faculty members available for help here.
Those faculty will assist with 4-H programs, water resources and food systems.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan