The Full Story
Man dies after being hit by vehicle in Port Angeles
October 10th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A man died after being hit by a car in Port Angeles last night.
About seven last night, police got reports of a vehicle-pedestrian collision at the intersection of 2nd and Peabody.
Police found 59-year-old David Blanco of Sekiu unresponsive in the street. He was transported to Olympic Medical Center where he died a short time later.
Investigators say Blanco had been crossing South Peabody Street, near the intersection of East 2nd Street. A vehicle traveling northbound on Peabody Street struck Blanco as he crossed.
PAPD requested the assistance of Clallam County Sheriff’s Department’s traffic investigation unit in an effort to determine location of the point of impact, vehicle speed, and other factors. A traffic investigator responded; the investigation is on-going.
They don't believe drugs, alcohol or speed were a factor.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan