The Full Story
Genealogical Society Hosting All-day Seminar
September 19th, 2017 - 10:30 am
The Genealogical Society of Clallam County will be hosting an all-day seminar October 21, 2017, featuring Mary Kathyrn Kozy, a renowned genealogist, speaker, and researcher.
She will present four one hour sessions.
Her topics will include preparation for a productive research trip, how social media will open new doors to family history, and instruction on using the Familysearch Wiki and revised version of Familysearch Family Tree. Familysearch is a powerful resource for beginning and advanced family historians.
Registration begins at 8:30 and the seminar will run from 9 am to 3 pm. It will be held at the Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. in Sequim.
The registration cost will be $35 for members of the Clallam County Genealogical Society and for members of the Sequim Museum and Arts. $45 will be asked from non-members, and for all registrations after October 15th and at the door.
Heritage Quest will bring a selection of books and genealogical materials for attendees to examine and purchase.
For additional information please check the CCGS website: www.clallamcogs.org, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone the Society Tuesday through Friday, 10am – 4pm: 360-417-5000.
This is a wonderful opportunity to get one’s family research back on track and finding new avenues of research to explore.
More about Mary Kathryn Kozy:
A popular speaker for several years, she has spoken regularly at many Societies and major conferences, sharing her knowledge of DNA, FamilySearch, and technology as it applies to genealogy research. Mary has served in a number of positions in several local societies and on the state level. She is the recent Past-President of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Washington State, supports the USGenweb project, and FamilySearch Indexing. She is currently enrolled in the ProGen Study program and plans to seek certification while holding degrees in Zoology and Information Technology.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange