The Full Story
Port Angeles woman arrested for assault on police
September 11th, 2017 - 06:00 am
(Port Angeles) – A Port Angeles woman has been arrested for assaulting a police officer.
Saturday, police traced an open cell phone call to 911 to a residence in the 1000 block of East 3rd Street.
There they contacted a man and woman and investigated an assault on the male allegedly committed by the female, who was identified as 40-year-old Alicia N Hernandez.
Police say during the course of the investigation, Hernandez became uncooperative and tried to re-enter the residence where the victim was located.
Officers ordered her to stop and blocked her path. Hernandez attempted to push past officers in an attempt to get into the residence. As a result, officers attempted to arrest her for Obstructing a Law Enforcement Officer. Hernandez struggled with officers, kicking one officer in the chest and clawing another officer in the face. Officers were able to control and arrest Hernandez, who continued to be uncooperative.
Hernandez was transported to the Clallam County Jail, where she was booked for two counts of third degree assault on a police officer and fourth degree assault domestic violence.
One officer received minor scratch injuries to his face; the other officer had no visible injury.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter
- 20th - 10:30 am » Erratic Driver Reported In Port Angeles