The Full Story
PA woman arrested after short stand off with police
September 8th, 2017 - 06:00 am
(Port Angeles) – A Port Angeles woman has been jailed after a stand off with police last night.
About 7:45, police were called after reports of gunshots in the 2100 block of West 16th Street. A short time later a neighbor had come to the reporting party’s house and stated that one resident in their house had attempted to shoot another resident.
Then the victim arrived at the reporting party’s house and stated that the suspect, 44-year-old Betty Blevins had tried to shoot him.
Investigators say there had been an argument in the residence when Blevins allegedly left the room and got a gun. When Blevins confronted the other party with the firearm, she was subdued by the residents, during which time a round was discharged into the floor of the residence.
Police say Blevins holed herself up in the house. Police shut down neighboring streets and called in a negotiator.
Blevins eventually came out and turned herself in before negotiations started. She was arrested without incident.
Blevins was booked into the Clallam County Jail for first degree assault – domestic violence.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats