The Full Story
Man arrested for gluing ATMs around Port Angeles
September 7th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A local homeless man was arrested this week after police say he caused thousands of dollars in damage to ATM machines around Port Angeles.
Tuesday, PA police took multiple reports of vandalism involving at least five different banking institutions in the city. Over the weekend, someone had gone to several ATMs and had applied super glue to the ATM faces-rendering them inoperable
Super glue had also been applied to the front door locks of multiple businesses around the city. In addition, several bank windows had also been broken.
Police got surveillance video from a number of businesses and through other interviews, identified 65-year-old Charles Johnson as a suspect in the cases.
Johnson is a transient from the Port Angeles area. He was booked into the Clallam County Jail on a malicious mischief and criminal sabotage.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter
- 20th - 10:30 am » Erratic Driver Reported In Port Angeles