The Full Story
Man arrested for gluing ATMs around Port Angeles
September 7th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A local homeless man was arrested this week after police say he caused thousands of dollars in damage to ATM machines around Port Angeles.
Tuesday, PA police took multiple reports of vandalism involving at least five different banking institutions in the city. Over the weekend, someone had gone to several ATMs and had applied super glue to the ATM faces-rendering them inoperable
Super glue had also been applied to the front door locks of multiple businesses around the city. In addition, several bank windows had also been broken.
Police got surveillance video from a number of businesses and through other interviews, identified 65-year-old Charles Johnson as a suspect in the cases.
Johnson is a transient from the Port Angeles area. He was booked into the Clallam County Jail on a malicious mischief and criminal sabotage.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats