The Full Story
Olympic Hot Springs Road Reopened
August 10th, 2017 - 10:00 am
Olympic National Park - The Olympic Hot Springs Road in the Elwha Valley has been re-opened for foot and vehicle above the Glines Canyon Overlook to the Boulder Creek Trailhead.
Park road and trail crews completed the demolition and removal of the Crystal Creek bridge on Boulder Creek Trail and installed an alternate route and foot log at that location to restore access for hikers.
We spoke with park spokesperson, Penny Wagner, about the reasons behind this trail reconstruction.
Current road and travel information for visitors is available on the Olympic National Park website.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange