The Full Story
Olympic Hot Springs Road Reopened
August 10th, 2017 - 10:00 am
Olympic National Park - The Olympic Hot Springs Road in the Elwha Valley has been re-opened for foot and vehicle above the Glines Canyon Overlook to the Boulder Creek Trailhead.
Park road and trail crews completed the demolition and removal of the Crystal Creek bridge on Boulder Creek Trail and installed an alternate route and foot log at that location to restore access for hikers.
We spoke with park spokesperson, Penny Wagner, about the reasons behind this trail reconstruction.
Current road and travel information for visitors is available on the Olympic National Park website.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Council hopefuls spar at business association
- 23rd - 09:00 am » The Genealogical Society of Clallam County Offers Begininning Genealogy Classes
- 23rd - 09:00 am » CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Open House
- 23rd - 09:00 am » Queen of Angels School Hosting All-School "Look & See Day"
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Active shooter drill planned for Peninsula College
- 23rd - 09:00 am » PAHS Presents Rider Day for the Class of 2021
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Port Angeles to get new grocery store
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Pet licensing program to continue in Clallam County
- 17th - 08:00 am » Sex Offender Receives Reduced Sentence Over Failure To Register
- 17th - 08:00 am » ONP Receives Award From Student Conservation Association