The Full Story
WASPC Jail Accredidation For Clallam County
August 10th, 2017 - 09:30 am
Clallam County – The Clallam County Sheriff's Department got some good news regarding the county jail.
Sheriff Benedict announced that the Clallam County Corrections Facility passed a focused review with 100% compliance. The review was conducted by jail managers and law enforcement professionals from all over western Washington, as part of a process by the Washington Association of Sheriff's and Police Chiefs (WASPC)
We spoke with the department's Chief Corrections Deputy, Wendy Peterson.
At this point in the accreditation process, the Accreditation Commission forwards its recommendations to the WASPC Board of Directors for final consideration.
In the Executive Board review phase, the WASPC Executive Board reviews the recommendations by the Accreditation Commission and issues a final decision.
The Clallam County Jail was completed back in 1979 and officially opened in 1980. Originally designed to house 72 inmates with a special detention unit, the Jail now operates with a bed capacity of 120.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange