The Full Story
Man arrested after moped chase
August 10th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A Port Angeles man was arrested after a moped chase through part of town.
Police say they observed a man on the moped driving erratically along west 8th Street yesterday afternoon. The moped driver eventually headed east in the westbound lane of the street before heading north on Laurel at speeds of about 20 miles an hour.
The driver continued to refuse to stop for police until turning into the Lincoln Street Safeway parking lot.
Police finally forced the moped to stop by backing into the driver's path.
Police forcefully removed the man from the moped.
He was recognized from previous run ins with police as 38-year-old Nicholas J. Johnson. Johnson was arrested for DUI, Resisting Arrest and Obstructing a Law Enforcement Officer. He was evaluated at Olympic Medical Center and then booked into custody at the Clallam County Jail. The moped was impounded.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Council hopefuls spar at business association
- 23rd - 09:00 am » The Genealogical Society of Clallam County Offers Begininning Genealogy Classes
- 23rd - 09:00 am » CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Open House
- 23rd - 09:00 am » Queen of Angels School Hosting All-School "Look & See Day"
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Active shooter drill planned for Peninsula College
- 23rd - 09:00 am » PAHS Presents Rider Day for the Class of 2021
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Port Angeles to get new grocery store
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Pet licensing program to continue in Clallam County
- 17th - 08:00 am » Sex Offender Receives Reduced Sentence Over Failure To Register
- 17th - 08:00 am » ONP Receives Award From Student Conservation Association