The Full Story
Man arrested after moped chase
August 10th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A Port Angeles man was arrested after a moped chase through part of town.
Police say they observed a man on the moped driving erratically along west 8th Street yesterday afternoon. The moped driver eventually headed east in the westbound lane of the street before heading north on Laurel at speeds of about 20 miles an hour.
The driver continued to refuse to stop for police until turning into the Lincoln Street Safeway parking lot.
Police finally forced the moped to stop by backing into the driver's path.
Police forcefully removed the man from the moped.
He was recognized from previous run ins with police as 38-year-old Nicholas J. Johnson. Johnson was arrested for DUI, Resisting Arrest and Obstructing a Law Enforcement Officer. He was evaluated at Olympic Medical Center and then booked into custody at the Clallam County Jail. The moped was impounded.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange