The Full Story
Wednesday Morning Closure Of The Elwha River Bridge
August 8th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Port Angeles – Drivers using the US 101 Elwha River Bridge are being advised of a shutdown of that bridge on Wednesday morning.
Between approximately 8:45 AM and 10:45 AM Wednesday, August 9th, the that bridge will be closed to all traffic.
During that time, crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will remove equipment and a work platform that is currently resting in the Elwha River. WSDOT crews used this equipment to perform drilling activities associated with design work on a new Elwha River Bridge.
Motorists are advised to use State Routes 112 and 113 as a detour during the closure. Drivers are also advised that the two-hour timeframe is approximate and depends on work progress.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 09:00 am » The Genealogical Society of Clallam County Offers Begininning Genealogy Classes
- 23rd - 09:00 am » CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Open House
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Council hopefuls spar at business association
- 23rd - 09:00 am » PAHS Presents Rider Day for the Class of 2021
- 23rd - 09:00 am » Queen of Angels School Hosting All-School "Look & See Day"
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Active shooter drill planned for Peninsula College
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Pet licensing program to continue in Clallam County
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Port Angeles to get new grocery store
- 17th - 08:00 am » ONP Receives Award From Student Conservation Association
- 17th - 09:30 am » Former Haggen's Property Goes For $1.56 Million