The Full Story
Wednesday Morning Closure Of The Elwha River Bridge
August 8th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Port Angeles – Drivers using the US 101 Elwha River Bridge are being advised of a shutdown of that bridge on Wednesday morning.
Between approximately 8:45 AM and 10:45 AM Wednesday, August 9th, the that bridge will be closed to all traffic.
During that time, crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will remove equipment and a work platform that is currently resting in the Elwha River. WSDOT crews used this equipment to perform drilling activities associated with design work on a new Elwha River Bridge.
Motorists are advised to use State Routes 112 and 113 as a detour during the closure. Drivers are also advised that the two-hour timeframe is approximate and depends on work progress.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event