The Full Story
All local beaches now closed to shell fishing
August 8th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – Local health officials have downgraded shellfish harvesting for all area beaches.
Shellfishing is now closed for all species on all beaches along the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
Ocean beaches are also closed for the season.
That means all clams, mussels and other invertebrates are off limits. All areas are also closed for sport harvest of scallops. Shrimping and crabbing are still open when in season.
Health officials say tests show elevated levels of Paralytic Shellfish Poison which has prompted the closures.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event