The Full Story
Carrie Blake Park Road Project To Start August 14th
August 7th, 2017 - 09:00 am
Sequim – The City of Sequim has announced that work will begin on the new access road into Carrie Blake Community Park beginning the week of August 14th.
The project will construct a new access road into the park from North Blake Avenue near the Sequim Trinity United Methodist Church. As part of this work, a water main will be extended into the park and the existing North Blake Avenue entrance will be closed to motor vehicles and allow pedestrian traffic only.
City officials say that this work will enhance park safety for users of the playground and other park amenities.
The project will also construct an earthen pad for the future construction of eight pickleball courts located immediately east of the skate park. That construction is tentatively scheduled for 2018.
The road work will take place Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and is expected to be complete in mid-November of this year.
The project is being funded with Park Impact fees, Real Estate Excise tax, and Utility funds. The work will be performed by Northern Land Development, LLC., out of Poulsbo.
All park facilities will be operational for the duration of this project, except for the BMX facility, which is being removed to accommodate the new access road.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan