The Full Story
Three hurt, one critically, in fall from ferris wheel
May 19th, 2017 - 06:00 am
(Port Townsend) -- Two women and a 7-year-old boy are recovering after falling from a Ferris wheel in Port Townsend.
The incident happened Thursday evening during the town's annual Rhododendron Festival.
The three fell at least 15 feet onto the metal base of the ride in Port Townsend. A hospital spokesperson says one of the injured - a 59 year old woman - is in critical, but stable condition. The other two a 47 year old woman and a 7 year old child have non life-threatening injuries. Brandi Harmon says her son was on the ride when the accident happened.
The ride was shut down and cordoned off for an investigation.
The festival says authorities and the company that owns the carnival equipment are investigating.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats