The Full Story
Three hurt, one critically, in fall from ferris wheel
May 19th, 2017 - 06:00 am
(Port Townsend) -- Two women and a 7-year-old boy are recovering after falling from a Ferris wheel in Port Townsend.
The incident happened Thursday evening during the town's annual Rhododendron Festival.
The three fell at least 15 feet onto the metal base of the ride in Port Townsend. A hospital spokesperson says one of the injured - a 59 year old woman - is in critical, but stable condition. The other two a 47 year old woman and a 7 year old child have non life-threatening injuries. Brandi Harmon says her son was on the ride when the accident happened.
The ride was shut down and cordoned off for an investigation.
The festival says authorities and the company that owns the carnival equipment are investigating.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 11:00 am » Primary Voting Underway