The Full Story
Three hurt, one critically, in fall from ferris wheel
May 19th, 2017 - 06:00 am
(Port Townsend) -- Two women and a 7-year-old boy are recovering after falling from a Ferris wheel in Port Townsend.
The incident happened Thursday evening during the town's annual Rhododendron Festival.
The three fell at least 15 feet onto the metal base of the ride in Port Townsend. A hospital spokesperson says one of the injured - a 59 year old woman - is in critical, but stable condition. The other two a 47 year old woman and a 7 year old child have non life-threatening injuries. Brandi Harmon says her son was on the ride when the accident happened.
The ride was shut down and cordoned off for an investigation.
The festival says authorities and the company that owns the carnival equipment are investigating.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas