The Full Story
Three hurt, one critically, in fall from ferris wheel
May 19th, 2017 - 06:00 am
(Port Townsend) -- Two women and a 7-year-old boy are recovering after falling from a Ferris wheel in Port Townsend.
The incident happened Thursday evening during the town's annual Rhododendron Festival.
The three fell at least 15 feet onto the metal base of the ride in Port Townsend. A hospital spokesperson says one of the injured - a 59 year old woman - is in critical, but stable condition. The other two a 47 year old woman and a 7 year old child have non life-threatening injuries. Brandi Harmon says her son was on the ride when the accident happened.
The ride was shut down and cordoned off for an investigation.
The festival says authorities and the company that owns the carnival equipment are investigating.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter