The Full Story
Port Angeles raising Medic One fee
May 18th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The Port Angeles city council has hiked the city's Medic 1 Utility fee.
Port Angeles fire chief, Ken Dubuc, has been asking for the increase to raise the number of fire department personnel and reduce overtime.
In April this year, the Utility Advisory Committee voted unanimously to forward a favorable recommendation for the hiring of four Firefighter/Paramedics. The Fire Department recommended that funding for these additional four positions come from adjustments to the Medic 1 utility fee.
Following some recent feedback, Dubuc briefed the city council this week about some last minute clarifications to the rate increase.
At Tuesday night's public hearing session, the only comments made were by city council members in favor of the rate increase.
Port Angeles residential customers will see an increase from $69.05 to $99.72, and commercial fees will increase from $74.72 to $108.36 for 2017. Those rates are graduated and will also rise in 2018 and 2019.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats