The Full Story
Port Angeles raising Medic One fee
May 18th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The Port Angeles city council has hiked the city's Medic 1 Utility fee.
Port Angeles fire chief, Ken Dubuc, has been asking for the increase to raise the number of fire department personnel and reduce overtime.
In April this year, the Utility Advisory Committee voted unanimously to forward a favorable recommendation for the hiring of four Firefighter/Paramedics. The Fire Department recommended that funding for these additional four positions come from adjustments to the Medic 1 utility fee.
Following some recent feedback, Dubuc briefed the city council this week about some last minute clarifications to the rate increase.
At Tuesday night's public hearing session, the only comments made were by city council members in favor of the rate increase.
Port Angeles residential customers will see an increase from $69.05 to $99.72, and commercial fees will increase from $74.72 to $108.36 for 2017. Those rates are graduated and will also rise in 2018 and 2019.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes