The Full Story
Port Angeles raising Medic One fee
May 18th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The Port Angeles city council has hiked the city's Medic 1 Utility fee.
Port Angeles fire chief, Ken Dubuc, has been asking for the increase to raise the number of fire department personnel and reduce overtime.
In April this year, the Utility Advisory Committee voted unanimously to forward a favorable recommendation for the hiring of four Firefighter/Paramedics. The Fire Department recommended that funding for these additional four positions come from adjustments to the Medic 1 utility fee.
Following some recent feedback, Dubuc briefed the city council this week about some last minute clarifications to the rate increase.
At Tuesday night's public hearing session, the only comments made were by city council members in favor of the rate increase.
Port Angeles residential customers will see an increase from $69.05 to $99.72, and commercial fees will increase from $74.72 to $108.36 for 2017. Those rates are graduated and will also rise in 2018 and 2019.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter