The Full Story
Port Angeles raising Medic One fee
May 18th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The Port Angeles city council has hiked the city's Medic 1 Utility fee.
Port Angeles fire chief, Ken Dubuc, has been asking for the increase to raise the number of fire department personnel and reduce overtime.
In April this year, the Utility Advisory Committee voted unanimously to forward a favorable recommendation for the hiring of four Firefighter/Paramedics. The Fire Department recommended that funding for these additional four positions come from adjustments to the Medic 1 utility fee.
Following some recent feedback, Dubuc briefed the city council this week about some last minute clarifications to the rate increase.
At Tuesday night's public hearing session, the only comments made were by city council members in favor of the rate increase.
Port Angeles residential customers will see an increase from $69.05 to $99.72, and commercial fees will increase from $74.72 to $108.36 for 2017. Those rates are graduated and will also rise in 2018 and 2019.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas