The Full Story
Fake Police Officer Making Traffic Stops
May 17th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Clallam County – The Clallam County Sheriff's Department is on the lookout for someone who is impersonating a police officer and using a simulated undercover police vehicle to conduct traffic stops on unsuspecting motorists.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning just outside of Sequim. The Sheriff's Department Chief Criminal Deputy, Brian King, spoke with KONP about the incident.
King said that the victim also noticed that the suspect was not wearing a typical duty gun belt typically worn by police officers.
King said that the investigation already has a person of interest they have contacted, but they are continuing to investigate individuals and additional vehicles.
King noted that anyone who suspects that their contact with a law enforcement officer might not be legitimate can call 911 and speak with the dispatch center. They have the ability to quickly discern whether the person you are speaking with is an officer on a legitimate call for service.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas