The Full Story
Fake Police Officer Making Traffic Stops
May 17th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Clallam County – The Clallam County Sheriff's Department is on the lookout for someone who is impersonating a police officer and using a simulated undercover police vehicle to conduct traffic stops on unsuspecting motorists.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning just outside of Sequim. The Sheriff's Department Chief Criminal Deputy, Brian King, spoke with KONP about the incident.
King said that the victim also noticed that the suspect was not wearing a typical duty gun belt typically worn by police officers.
King said that the investigation already has a person of interest they have contacted, but they are continuing to investigate individuals and additional vehicles.
King noted that anyone who suspects that their contact with a law enforcement officer might not be legitimate can call 911 and speak with the dispatch center. They have the ability to quickly discern whether the person you are speaking with is an officer on a legitimate call for service.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes