The Full Story
Fake Police Officer Making Traffic Stops
May 17th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Clallam County – The Clallam County Sheriff's Department is on the lookout for someone who is impersonating a police officer and using a simulated undercover police vehicle to conduct traffic stops on unsuspecting motorists.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning just outside of Sequim. The Sheriff's Department Chief Criminal Deputy, Brian King, spoke with KONP about the incident.
King said that the victim also noticed that the suspect was not wearing a typical duty gun belt typically worn by police officers.
King said that the investigation already has a person of interest they have contacted, but they are continuing to investigate individuals and additional vehicles.
King noted that anyone who suspects that their contact with a law enforcement officer might not be legitimate can call 911 and speak with the dispatch center. They have the ability to quickly discern whether the person you are speaking with is an officer on a legitimate call for service.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 10:30 am » Erratic Driver Reported In Port Angeles
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter