The Full Story
Fake Police Officer Making Traffic Stops
May 17th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Clallam County – The Clallam County Sheriff's Department is on the lookout for someone who is impersonating a police officer and using a simulated undercover police vehicle to conduct traffic stops on unsuspecting motorists.
The incident happened on Tuesday morning just outside of Sequim. The Sheriff's Department Chief Criminal Deputy, Brian King, spoke with KONP about the incident.
King said that the victim also noticed that the suspect was not wearing a typical duty gun belt typically worn by police officers.
King said that the investigation already has a person of interest they have contacted, but they are continuing to investigate individuals and additional vehicles.
King noted that anyone who suspects that their contact with a law enforcement officer might not be legitimate can call 911 and speak with the dispatch center. They have the ability to quickly discern whether the person you are speaking with is an officer on a legitimate call for service.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas