The Full Story
PA Woman Sentenced For Domestic Violence
May 17th, 2017 - 11:30 am
Port Angeles – A Port Angeles woman was convicted of Domestic Violence Assault and now faces 10 days in county jail.
Michelle M. Osborn was convicted of Assault IV Domestic Violence for striking and injuring the father of her 7 year old child. A jury of six Clallam County residents found Ms. Osborn guilty of striking the victim with a pair of metal clamps used in woodworking.
During trial, Ms. Osborn’s defense consisted of the testimony of her mother and herself, but that testimony proved unconvincing to the jury.
Clallam County District Court I Judge Rick Porter sentenced Ms. Osborn to 10 days jail, along with the completion of an anger management course and associated costs.
The sentencing judge also took into account Ms. Osborn’s criminal history which included a prior conviction for Malicious Mischief III Domestic Violence and Violation of a No Contact Order.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas