The Full Story
Port Angeles Crash Topples Power Pole
May 17th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – A traffic collision in Port Angeles took down a power pole that tied up traffic for several hours this morning .
That collision occurred between two cars near 5th and Cherry in Port Angeles. Here with details is Deputy Chief Jason Viada, with the Port Angeles Police Department.
Both drivers of the involved vehicles were transported to Olympic Medical Center, but the nature of their injuries was not released.
Viada reported the drivers involved in the collision as 58-year old Elizabeth Sumption of Port Angeles, and 78-year old Carol Petrin, also of Port Angeles.
Although the investigation is still on-going, based on initial information, Viada felt that Ms. Petrin would like be issued a citation for failure to stop at a posted stop sign.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas