The Full Story
Primary race emerges for fire district seat
May 17th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The first primary race has emerged for this fall's local elections.
Three people are now running for a spot on the Fire District Two commission.
Incumbent fire commissioner Tom Martin filed for re-election. That makes three candidates in the race for his seat. Also filing are Allen Hunt and Nick Gear. The three will face off August First in the primary.
No other surprises emerged on the second day of filing. As expected, incumbent Port of Port Angeles commissioner Colleen McAleer officially filed.
Travis Berglund also filed for a seat on the Port Angeles city council. He had also earlier announced his intentions.
Filing continues through the end of this week at the county Auditor's office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas