The Full Story
Primary race emerges for fire district seat
May 17th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The first primary race has emerged for this fall's local elections.
Three people are now running for a spot on the Fire District Two commission.
Incumbent fire commissioner Tom Martin filed for re-election. That makes three candidates in the race for his seat. Also filing are Allen Hunt and Nick Gear. The three will face off August First in the primary.
No other surprises emerged on the second day of filing. As expected, incumbent Port of Port Angeles commissioner Colleen McAleer officially filed.
Travis Berglund also filed for a seat on the Port Angeles city council. He had also earlier announced his intentions.
Filing continues through the end of this week at the county Auditor's office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes