The Full Story
Primary race emerges for fire district seat
May 17th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The first primary race has emerged for this fall's local elections.
Three people are now running for a spot on the Fire District Two commission.
Incumbent fire commissioner Tom Martin filed for re-election. That makes three candidates in the race for his seat. Also filing are Allen Hunt and Nick Gear. The three will face off August First in the primary.
No other surprises emerged on the second day of filing. As expected, incumbent Port of Port Angeles commissioner Colleen McAleer officially filed.
Travis Berglund also filed for a seat on the Port Angeles city council. He had also earlier announced his intentions.
Filing continues through the end of this week at the county Auditor's office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 10:30 am » Erratic Driver Reported In Port Angeles
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter