The Full Story
Primary race emerges for fire district seat
May 17th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – The first primary race has emerged for this fall's local elections.
Three people are now running for a spot on the Fire District Two commission.
Incumbent fire commissioner Tom Martin filed for re-election. That makes three candidates in the race for his seat. Also filing are Allen Hunt and Nick Gear. The three will face off August First in the primary.
No other surprises emerged on the second day of filing. As expected, incumbent Port of Port Angeles commissioner Colleen McAleer officially filed.
Travis Berglund also filed for a seat on the Port Angeles city council. He had also earlier announced his intentions.
Filing continues through the end of this week at the county Auditor's office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas