The Full Story
Hi-Tech Company Moves To PA With Jobs
May 16th, 2017 - 11:30 am
Port Angeles – A New York based company that specializes in environmental control systems for military aircraft will soon be moving to Port Angeles, and bringing with it the opportunity for up to 100 jobs.
Airborne Environmental Control Systems (AECS) just signed a 5-year lease with the Port of Port Angeles to utilize port property for their business operations.
Company president, Bill Lee, is a Joyce native who wanted to move the business back to the peninsula to expand and provide jobs in an area where he grew up.
AECS provides products that regulate the temperature on military aircraft sensors and weapons that have to operate in extreme environments. AECS products provide full digital control over all environmental aspects of aircraft sensors such as pressure, volume and temperature.
The company's new location will be in the 2000 block of South O Street in Port Angeles, where they hope to expand from engineering and design, into manufacturing.
The company will move 14 of their current employees with them from New York, and also plans to expand its hiring to include anywhere from 15 to 20 people a year over a five year period from the Port Angeles area.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes