The Full Story
Filing begins for local elected offices
May 16th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – Filing began yesterday for local elected offices.
Many of the candidates who already declared for office, turned in their paperwork on the first day.
Steve Burke filed for election to the seat for which he was appointed on the Port of Port Angeles commission.
Incumbent Lee Whethem filed for re-election to his spot on the Port Angeles city council. As expected, Jim Moran and Lindsay Schromen-Wawrin filed for two other open seats on the council.
In Sequim, Ted Miller and Dennis Smith filed for re-election to their spots on the city council. Brandon Janisse and Bob Lake also filed for two other seats up for election on the Sequim council.
Incumbents Sarah Methner, Cindy Kelly and Sandy Long filed for re-election to the Port Angeles School District.
Dan Nelson and Brian Kuh filed for spots on the Sequim School Board.
Incumbent Olympic Medical Center commissioners John Nutter and John Miles filed for re-election.
Filing continues through Friday afternoon through the Clallam County auditor's office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes