The Full Story
Filing begins for local elected offices
May 16th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – Filing began yesterday for local elected offices.
Many of the candidates who already declared for office, turned in their paperwork on the first day.
Steve Burke filed for election to the seat for which he was appointed on the Port of Port Angeles commission.
Incumbent Lee Whethem filed for re-election to his spot on the Port Angeles city council. As expected, Jim Moran and Lindsay Schromen-Wawrin filed for two other open seats on the council.
In Sequim, Ted Miller and Dennis Smith filed for re-election to their spots on the city council. Brandon Janisse and Bob Lake also filed for two other seats up for election on the Sequim council.
Incumbents Sarah Methner, Cindy Kelly and Sandy Long filed for re-election to the Port Angeles School District.
Dan Nelson and Brian Kuh filed for spots on the Sequim School Board.
Incumbent Olympic Medical Center commissioners John Nutter and John Miles filed for re-election.
Filing continues through Friday afternoon through the Clallam County auditor's office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats