The Full Story
PA Parks Balancing Major Projects
April 19th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Port Angeles – The Port Angeles Parks department has been busy this spring with two major projects.
One of those projects is the potential avigation easementover the city owned Lincoln Park east of Fairchild International Airport.
Back in January of this year, the Port Commission and Port Angeles City Council conducted a joint meeting over the trees in the approach path of Fairchild Airport that are in the city-owned, Lincoln Park.
Also part of that discussion, were proposed runway lengths between 5,000 and 6,350 feet. The runway discussion came about as a result of a consultant hired by the port to answer questions about airspace requirements with the approach path trees in mind.
We spoke with Port Angeles Park director, Corey Delikat, about the latest progress in the collaboration between the city and the port.
Delikat said they hope to have cleared up those issues within the next 60 days.
Another project keeping park personnel busy are all the updates being done to Civic Field. Those renovations will benefit the numerous teams waiting to play baseball this season.
Delikat said that the Civic Field surface is not yet ready for baseball games, but he did say that they expect to have the field ready for the end-of-April clash between Port Angeles and Sequim.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings