The Full Story
Transportation Board Established For PA Taxing Supplimentation
April 19th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles - With the establishment of a Transportation Benefit District (TBD) back on April 4th, the City of Port Angeles created an independent taxing district solely for the maintenance, repair and construction of City transportation improvements.
At a special meeting of the newly established TBD Board, Cherie Kidd and Michael Merideth were voted in as the chair and vice-chair, respectively.
The TBD was formed as a funding mechanism for the establishment of a 0.2% sales tax that would provide funding for street repair and maintenance.
City Attorney, Bill Bloor, briefed the newly formed TBD on this funding procedure.
The TBD then tried to establish a meeting schedule that would balance the administrative functions they need to accomplish along with the provision for public input. City Manager, Dan McKeen provided some insight that would provide for both.
The current draft of the resolution calls for a ballot proposition to be submitted to the qualified electors of the District on August 1st of this year. It would authorize a sales and use tax to be imposed within the boundaries of the District upon all taxable retail sales and uses in the amount of two-tenths of one percent (0.2%) for the purpose of financing all or a portion of the costs associated with transportation improvements in the District identified herein for a period of ten years.
The new TBD Board approved the resolution unanimously and has slated July 18th for their next meeting.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Port Angeles man begins trek for widows
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Former Sequim resident take command position in Bahrain
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Safeway, State launch healthy eating discount program
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Two teens arrested for breaking into PA convenience store
- 21st - 10:30 am » Spokane's Lake Newman To Shut Down June 28th and 29th
- 21st - 09:30 am » Port Angeles council changes ethics code
- 21st - 07:00 am » Unemployment rate dips in Clallam County
- 20th - 05:30 am » Local store has third break-in in two months
- 20th - 12:00 pm » New EDC Director Addresses The PABA
- 20th - 12:30 pm » WWII Aircraft Fly Into Port Angeles Wednesday