The Full Story
Woman arrested for alleged theft from local VFW
April 18th, 2017 - 04:00 pm
(Sequim) – A Port Angeles woman has been arrested for allegedly stealing thousands of dollars from the Sequim Veteran's of Foreign War post.
29-year-old Rischelle Lea Heaton was arrested late last week. Investigators say the wrote herself nearly 10-thousand dollars in checks from the VFW's Veterans Relief Fund.
Heaton was booked into the jail for investigation of first-degree theft, more than 30 forgery counts and computer trespass
Heaton was released on bond this week and prosecutors expect to file formal charges in the case as early as today.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 09:00 am » The Genealogical Society of Clallam County Offers Begininning Genealogy Classes
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Active shooter drill planned for Peninsula College
- 23rd - 09:00 am » Queen of Angels School Hosting All-School "Look & See Day"
- 23rd - 09:00 am » PAHS Presents Rider Day for the Class of 2021
- 23rd - 09:00 am » CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Open House
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Council hopefuls spar at business association
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Pet licensing program to continue in Clallam County
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Port Angeles to get new grocery store
- 17th - 09:30 am » Former Haggen's Property Goes For $1.56 Million
- 17th - 08:00 am » ONP Receives Award From Student Conservation Association