Spruce Railroad Trail Project To End By 2019
April 18th, 2017 - 11:30 am
Port Angeles – County Commissioners approved a land agreement that allows the redevelopment of the Spruce Railroad Trail to move forward.
Commissioners approved the Funds Transfer Agreement with Western Federal Lands which documents the transfer of County funds to Western Federal Lands for construction of Segment A of the Spruce Railroad Trail this summer.
Rich James, a Transportation Program Manager for the county, spoke with us about the current status of the Spruce Railroad Trail project.
James then ran down the timetable for the remaining portion of the project.
James said he hopes the project will be complete by 2019. He said that federal and state money has combined to pay for about 50% of this project. He estimated the cost of the project is about $1-million dollars per mile.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 28th - 05:30 am » Climate march set for downtown PA Saturday
- 28th - 03:30 pm » Sequim modular classrooms to use new wood
- 28th - 05:30 am » Burke announces run for PA Port commission
- 27th - 05:30 am » Hurricane Ridge Road may reopen this weekend
- 27th - 08:00 am » PAHS maestro to retire after 42 years
- 27th - 05:30 am » Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe plans hotel in downtown Port Angeles
- 27th - 05:00 pm » Health officials announce shellfish closure
- 26th - 05:30 am » Report shows big economic impact from ONP
- 26th - 05:30 am » County approves adding counters on Olympic Discovery Trail
- 26th - 11:30 am » NAMI to Host Support Group