The Full Story
Spruce Railroad Trail Project To End By 2019
April 18th, 2017 - 11:30 am
Port Angeles – County Commissioners approved a land agreement that allows the redevelopment of the Spruce Railroad Trail to move forward.
Commissioners approved the Funds Transfer Agreement with Western Federal Lands which documents the transfer of County funds to Western Federal Lands for construction of Segment A of the Spruce Railroad Trail this summer.
Rich James, a Transportation Program Manager for the county, spoke with us about the current status of the Spruce Railroad Trail project.
James then ran down the timetable for the remaining portion of the project.
James said he hopes the project will be complete by 2019. He said that federal and state money has combined to pay for about 50% of this project. He estimated the cost of the project is about $1-million dollars per mile.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Port Angeles man begins trek for widows
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Former Sequim resident take command position in Bahrain
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Safeway, State launch healthy eating discount program
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Two teens arrested for breaking into PA convenience store
- 21st - 10:30 am » Spokane's Lake Newman To Shut Down June 28th and 29th
- 21st - 09:30 am » Port Angeles council changes ethics code
- 21st - 07:00 am » Unemployment rate dips in Clallam County
- 20th - 06:00 am » Insurance companies propose 22% hike in health insurance rates next year
- 20th - 12:00 pm » New EDC Director Addresses The PABA
- 20th - 12:30 pm » WWII Aircraft Fly Into Port Angeles Wednesday