The Full Story
Spruce Railroad Trail Project To End By 2019
April 18th, 2017 - 11:30 am
Port Angeles – County Commissioners approved a land agreement that allows the redevelopment of the Spruce Railroad Trail to move forward.
Commissioners approved the Funds Transfer Agreement with Western Federal Lands which documents the transfer of County funds to Western Federal Lands for construction of Segment A of the Spruce Railroad Trail this summer.
Rich James, a Transportation Program Manager for the county, spoke with us about the current status of the Spruce Railroad Trail project.
James then ran down the timetable for the remaining portion of the project.
James said he hopes the project will be complete by 2019. He said that federal and state money has combined to pay for about 50% of this project. He estimated the cost of the project is about $1-million dollars per mile.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim