The Full Story
Funds Approved For Mount Angeles View Project
April 18th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – The resolution to authorize the use of county opportunity funds for the Peninsula Housing Authority was passed today by county commissioners.
The move had faced some controversy following a recent public hearing in which the agenda item was mislabeled as the “Peninsula Housing Authority funding for construction of a Boys & Girls Club, at $901,200.”
Last Tuesday the commissioners held a second public hearing to clarify that the money from the opportunity fund was specifically designated for phase 1 the a redevelopment project of Mount Angeles View.
The vote was 2-0 by commissioners Peach and Ozias, as Commissioner Johnson was absent from today's meeting.
The 33 units that comprise Mount Angeles View, were built back in 1942. As part of the new development plan, they will be replaced with 63 new units.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Port Angeles man begins trek for widows
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Former Sequim resident take command position in Bahrain
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Safeway, State launch healthy eating discount program
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Two teens arrested for breaking into PA convenience store
- 21st - 10:30 am » Spokane's Lake Newman To Shut Down June 28th and 29th
- 21st - 09:30 am » Port Angeles council changes ethics code
- 21st - 07:00 am » Unemployment rate dips in Clallam County
- 20th - 06:00 am » Insurance companies propose 22% hike in health insurance rates next year
- 20th - 12:00 pm » New EDC Director Addresses The PABA
- 20th - 12:30 pm » WWII Aircraft Fly Into Port Angeles Wednesday