The Full Story
Funds Approved For Mount Angeles View Project
April 18th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – The resolution to authorize the use of county opportunity funds for the Peninsula Housing Authority was passed today by county commissioners.
The move had faced some controversy following a recent public hearing in which the agenda item was mislabeled as the “Peninsula Housing Authority funding for construction of a Boys & Girls Club, at $901,200.”
Last Tuesday the commissioners held a second public hearing to clarify that the money from the opportunity fund was specifically designated for phase 1 the a redevelopment project of Mount Angeles View.
The vote was 2-0 by commissioners Peach and Ozias, as Commissioner Johnson was absent from today's meeting.
The 33 units that comprise Mount Angeles View, were built back in 1942. As part of the new development plan, they will be replaced with 63 new units.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 09:00 am » The Genealogical Society of Clallam County Offers Begininning Genealogy Classes
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Active shooter drill planned for Peninsula College
- 23rd - 09:00 am » Queen of Angels School Hosting All-School "Look & See Day"
- 23rd - 09:00 am » PAHS Presents Rider Day for the Class of 2021
- 23rd - 09:00 am » CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Open House
- 23rd - 05:30 am » Council hopefuls spar at business association
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Pet licensing program to continue in Clallam County
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Port Angeles to get new grocery store
- 17th - 09:30 am » Former Haggen's Property Goes For $1.56 Million
- 17th - 08:00 am » ONP Receives Award From Student Conservation Association