Funds Approved For Mount Angeles View Project
April 18th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – The resolution to authorize the use of county opportunity funds for the Peninsula Housing Authority was passed today by county commissioners.
The move had faced some controversy following a recent public hearing in which the agenda item was mislabeled as the “Peninsula Housing Authority funding for construction of a Boys & Girls Club, at $901,200.”
Last Tuesday the commissioners held a second public hearing to clarify that the money from the opportunity fund was specifically designated for phase 1 the a redevelopment project of Mount Angeles View.
The vote was 2-0 by commissioners Peach and Ozias, as Commissioner Johnson was absent from today's meeting.
The 33 units that comprise Mount Angeles View, were built back in 1942. As part of the new development plan, they will be replaced with 63 new units.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 28th - 05:30 am » Climate march set for downtown PA Saturday
- 28th - 03:30 pm » Sequim modular classrooms to use new wood
- 28th - 05:30 am » Burke announces run for PA Port commission
- 27th - 05:30 am » Hurricane Ridge Road may reopen this weekend
- 27th - 08:00 am » PAHS maestro to retire after 42 years
- 27th - 05:30 am » Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe plans hotel in downtown Port Angeles
- 27th - 05:00 pm » Health officials announce shellfish closure
- 26th - 05:30 am » Report shows big economic impact from ONP
- 26th - 05:30 am » County approves adding counters on Olympic Discovery Trail
- 26th - 11:30 am » NAMI to Host Support Group