The Full Story
Funds Approved For Mount Angeles View Project
April 18th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – The resolution to authorize the use of county opportunity funds for the Peninsula Housing Authority was passed today by county commissioners.
The move had faced some controversy following a recent public hearing in which the agenda item was mislabeled as the “Peninsula Housing Authority funding for construction of a Boys & Girls Club, at $901,200.”
Last Tuesday the commissioners held a second public hearing to clarify that the money from the opportunity fund was specifically designated for phase 1 the a redevelopment project of Mount Angeles View.
The vote was 2-0 by commissioners Peach and Ozias, as Commissioner Johnson was absent from today's meeting.
The 33 units that comprise Mount Angeles View, were built back in 1942. As part of the new development plan, they will be replaced with 63 new units.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim