The Full Story
Auditor Seeking Changes For Clallam Voting Districts
April 17th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Port Angeles – The Clallam County Auditor is seeking to have voting precinct lines redrawn for a portion of Port Angeles due to population growth.
Port Angeles Precinct 109 is almost at the active registered voter size limit of 1500. Auditor, Shoona Riggs, wants the precinct lines altered so Port Angeles Precinct 108 can accommodate some of those voters.
The Auditor's Office has not proposed any resolutions to adopt precinct boundary changes since redistricting in 2012.
In the second of two proposed resolutions, the Auditor's move will bring the temporary voting precinct modifications to a permanency status.
It was during the redistricting process, that Riggs noticed that some of the county's temporary districts had not been properly updated to a permanent status since 2012.
The Commissioners are expected to make those resolutions official at their regular scheduled meeting on Tuesday, April 25th.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan