Clallam Fire District 2 Offering Free Smoke/CO Detectors
April 17th, 2017 - 09:00 am
Port Angeles, WA – The Port Angeles Noon Rotary Club has joined forces with Clallam 2 Fire-Rescue and the American Red Cross locally to shore up fire safety in at-risk homes locally.
Port Angeles Noon Rotary has donated $7,000.00 to the Fire District and has pledged to support the installation of combination fast acting, long life smoke detector/carbon monoxide alarms.
The plan targets homes with elderly persons 60 years of age and over, homes with children five years of age and younger, and or residences with an annual income of $26,000 or less. Studies have shown that these residential occupancies to be at a higher risk than other residential housing units comparatively.
Project F.I.R.E. or Fire Incident Reduction through Education, a brain child of Clallam 2 Fire-Rescue, targets residential occupancies that are considered to be “at risk” of higher than normal fire incidents, injury, or death rates from fire and the products of combustion such as deadly carbon monoxide.
All installations and safety inspections are done through volunteer Rotarians, volunteer firefighters and American Red Cross volunteers.
So far the volunteer teams have installed twelve detectors in six area homes and they are looking to install at least 78 more units. Local residents interested in receiving a free combination smoke alarm/carbon monoxide detector and a home fire safety inspection should call the Clallam 2 Fire-Rescue district office.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 28th - 03:30 pm » Sequim modular classrooms to use new wood
- 28th - 05:30 am » Climate march set for downtown PA Saturday
- 28th - 05:30 am » Burke announces run for PA Port commission
- 27th - 05:30 am » Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe plans hotel in downtown Port Angeles
- 27th - 05:00 pm » Health officials announce shellfish closure
- 27th - 08:00 am » PAHS maestro to retire after 42 years
- 27th - 05:30 am » Hurricane Ridge Road may reopen this weekend
- 26th - 11:30 am » NAMI to Host Support Group
- 26th - 05:30 am » County approves adding counters on Olympic Discovery Trail
- 26th - 11:30 am » Rotary & Clallam 2 Fire-Rescue Have Free Smoke Alarm/Carbon Monoxide Detectors