The Full Story
Search transitioned for missing Bellevue man
April 14th, 2017 - 05:30 pm
(Port Angeles) -- Search operations within Olympic National Park for Jacob Gray of Bellevue have transitioned to a limited continuous search.
This means that rangers will continue to follow up on any clues that emerge, but are not actively searching.
The focus of the search will now shift to U.S. Forest Service land on the south side of the Sol Duc River, coordinated by the Clallam County Sheriffs Department.
Olympic National Park Acting Superintendent Lee Taylor thanked those involved in the search and expressed compassion for Jacob's family.
Gray’s unattended bicycle and camping gear were reported to the park on the afternoon of Thursday, April 6th.
Park Rangers conducted a hasty search in the area of the bicycle including the bank of the Sol Duc River.
On Friday, April 7th rangers made contact with Gray’s family and widened their search to include the road corridor of the Sol Duc River Road.
Concentrating their search around the river, which has been running fast, cold, and high, rangers continued the search on April 8th, 9th and 10th.
On the afternoon Tuesday, April 11th members of the Olympic Mountain Rescue joined the search and on April 12th extended the search area to the side of the river outside the boundaries of Olympic National Park, increasing the search area to roughly four square miles.
On the afternoon of Thursday, April 13th a search dog team from Everett Mountain Rescue out of Snohomish County searched the south side of the river bank.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Port Angeles man begins trek for widows
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Former Sequim resident take command position in Bahrain
- 23rd - 06:00 am » Safeway, State launch healthy eating discount program
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Two teens arrested for breaking into PA convenience store
- 21st - 09:30 am » Port Angeles council changes ethics code
- 21st - 07:00 am » Unemployment rate dips in Clallam County
- 21st - 10:30 am » Spokane's Lake Newman To Shut Down June 28th and 29th
- 20th - 05:30 am » Local store has third break-in in two months
- 20th - 12:30 pm » WWII Aircraft Fly Into Port Angeles Wednesday
- 20th - 12:00 pm » New EDC Director Addresses The PABA