VOICES FOR VETERANS - STAND DOWN 2017
April 13th, 2017 - 01:00 pm
VOICES FOR VETERANS - STAND DOWN 2017 - May 4, 2017
Forks Elks Lodge, 941 Merchants Road, Forks, Washington
9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
A Stand Down is a one-day operation offered three times a year in May, July and October. In one location it provides direct services and connects veterans to over 25 different organizations assisting in Medical-Dental, housing, employment, veteran benefits, legal aid, counseling, haircuts, pet supplies and new clothing. Hot meals provided: breakfast and lunch.
All funding is received through donations and grants with all monies used for supplies, equipment and clothing.
It is a special day for homeless veterans and veterans with immediate dependent family members. A day of fellowship and review of veteran benefits many are not aware of. A day for volunteers who want to give back and say “thank you” to our veterans.
Free transportation from Clallam and Jefferson Transit Buses. For more information contact: Jeff 360-797-1791 or Paul
Membership and Donations gratefully acknowledged: www.voicesforveterans.org
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 28th - 05:30 am » Climate march set for downtown PA Saturday
- 28th - 05:30 am » Burke announces run for PA Port commission
- 28th - 03:30 pm » Sequim modular classrooms to use new wood
- 27th - 05:30 am » Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe plans hotel in downtown Port Angeles
- 27th - 05:30 am » Hurricane Ridge Road may reopen this weekend
- 27th - 08:00 am » PAHS maestro to retire after 42 years
- 27th - 05:00 pm » Health officials announce shellfish closure
- 26th - 05:30 am » County approves adding counters on Olympic Discovery Trail
- 26th - 05:30 am » Report shows big economic impact from ONP
- 26th - 11:30 am » NAMI to Host Support Group