The Full Story
Pennies For Quarters In Escrow For Site
March 27th, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Port Angeles – Pennies for Quarters has announced that they have contracted to purchase 22 acres of property for their plans to provide a temporary housing complex for veterans.
The property is located at 1430 West Lauridsen Boulevard in Port Angeles, and was found as Pennies for Quarters President, Matt Rainwater, was out driving.
Rainwater spoke with us about the find and what it means for the organization.
The 22 acres is a bit larger than what Rainwater had planned on for the organization's mission to create a community of 40 tiny houses for homeless Veterans.
Despite the good news of finding property, Pennies for Quarters will still need help in the fund raising department.
Pennies for Quarters will hold a public question and answer session on Saturday, April 15th, from 2:00 to 5:00 PM at the Landing Mall in Port Angeles.
Their website also has more detailed information on this program to assist homeless military veterans at: http://www.penniesforquarters.org/
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan