The Full Story
School bus hit by car in PA, 3 injured
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 pm
(Port Angeles) -- Port Angeles Police say three people were transported to Olympic Medical Center after a car ran a stop sign at 10th and Peabody and plowed into a Port Angeles School District bus.
Corporal David Dombrowski of the Port Angeles Police Department says the accident happened shortly after 2 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a witness, the silver car was traveling at a very high rate of speed on 10th, the driver ignored the stop sign, and the silver car struck the bus.
The bus rotated almost 180 degrees, nearly tipping over, and came to rest north of the intersection.
Both occupants of the silver car were transported to the hospital.
There were 5 students on the bus. One student was transported to the hospital out of an abundance of caution, but was stable.
The remaining kids had scrapes and bruises, but were well enough to be released to their guardians.
Both occupants of the car were transported in stable condition.
The passenger of the car was suffering a possible leg injury.
The driver of the car was identified as 29-year-old Mark D. Almaden of Port Angeles, who suffered a possible head injury.
The investigation to determine which laws were broken is ongoing, examples would include Fail to Stop a Stop Sign, Negligent Driving, Reckless Driving, and Vehicular Assault.
Officer Steffen Estep has been assigned the case.
The Port Angeles Fire Department was assisted by Clallam 2 Fire Rescue and Olympic Ambulance.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 13th - 11:00 am » Primary Voting Underway