Sequim Child Abuse Suspect Sentenced
March 14th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Clallam County – A Sequim man was sentenced to state prison for charges of sexual child abuse.
Clallam County Superior Court Judge Erik Rohrer sentenced Charles David Gahimer of Sequim to 180 months in prison last Wednesday.
The sentence followed Gahimer’s previous plea to one count each of sexual exploitation of a minor, dealing in depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct in the second degree, and possessing depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct in the first degree.
The original case was handled by the Sequim Police Department, when in January of last year, Detective Devin McBride responded to a report of a possible sex offense committed at Gahimer’s residence in Sequim. A digital video camcorder that was seized by use of a search warrant. Detectives found the device contained video recordings of Gahimer and a prepubescent male engaged in sexual activity.
Upon release from prison, Gahimer will be subject to 36 months of community custody with the Department of Corrections.
A sexual assault protection order was also entered prohibiting Gahimer from having any contact with the child victim for the next ten years.
Gahimer had previously been convicted for rape of a child in the first degree, and for dealing in depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Those offenses resulted in a treatment based Sex Offender Sentencing Alternative sentence, (SSOSA), rather than a custodial sentence.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 29th - 06:00 am » Local boat builder to double workforce, state grant to train workers
- 29th - 10:00 am » Man's Body Recovered From Water In PA Boat Haven
- 29th - 07:30 am » Phone Scam Warnings
- 29th - 12:00 pm » PA Schools To Increase Earned Credits For Graduation
- 29th - 09:00 am » More Hood Canal Bridge Closures Slated For April
- 28th - 09:30 am » Sequim Nominated For USA Today Contest
- 28th - 04:00 pm » Arrests made in large drug trafficking case
- 28th - 10:30 am » Sunday's Crime Spree Suspect Arrested
- 28th - 11:00 am » Kilmer Seeks Answers On Naval Air Drills Over Peninsula
- 28th - 09:00 am » Canvassing Board Resolution On Uncounted Ballots Report