The Full Story
Sequim Child Abuse Suspect Sentenced
March 14th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Clallam County – A Sequim man was sentenced to state prison for charges of sexual child abuse.
Clallam County Superior Court Judge Erik Rohrer sentenced Charles David Gahimer of Sequim to 180 months in prison last Wednesday.
The sentence followed Gahimer’s previous plea to one count each of sexual exploitation of a minor, dealing in depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct in the second degree, and possessing depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct in the first degree.
The original case was handled by the Sequim Police Department, when in January of last year, Detective Devin McBride responded to a report of a possible sex offense committed at Gahimer’s residence in Sequim. A digital video camcorder that was seized by use of a search warrant. Detectives found the device contained video recordings of Gahimer and a prepubescent male engaged in sexual activity.
Upon release from prison, Gahimer will be subject to 36 months of community custody with the Department of Corrections.
A sexual assault protection order was also entered prohibiting Gahimer from having any contact with the child victim for the next ten years.
Gahimer had previously been convicted for rape of a child in the first degree, and for dealing in depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Those offenses resulted in a treatment based Sex Offender Sentencing Alternative sentence, (SSOSA), rather than a custodial sentence.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison