The Full Story
Hood Canal Bridge Closures Scheduled
March 14th, 2017 - 09:30 am
Shine – Starting this Saturday, the Hood Canal Bridge will be shutting down for overnight repairs.
The closures will last for one week while the bridge undergoes maintenance and replacement of gearing and rails used to open and close the bridge for water traffic through the strait.
Cara Mitchell. A spokesperson for the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT), spoke with us about the repair schedule.
Those closures run between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM each night starting Saturday, March 18th through Saturday, March 25th.
Future closures beyond those dates will also take place, and WSDOT will keep commuters advised when those future closures are scheduled.
Daytime bridge operations for both water and road traffic should not be affected by the bridge maintenance.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes