The Full Story
Hood Canal Bridge Closures Scheduled
March 14th, 2017 - 09:30 am
Shine – Starting this Saturday, the Hood Canal Bridge will be shutting down for overnight repairs.
The closures will last for one week while the bridge undergoes maintenance and replacement of gearing and rails used to open and close the bridge for water traffic through the strait.
Cara Mitchell. A spokesperson for the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT), spoke with us about the repair schedule.
Those closures run between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM each night starting Saturday, March 18th through Saturday, March 25th.
Future closures beyond those dates will also take place, and WSDOT will keep commuters advised when those future closures are scheduled.
Daytime bridge operations for both water and road traffic should not be affected by the bridge maintenance.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison