Hood Canal Bridge Closures Scheduled
March 14th, 2017 - 09:30 am
Shine – Starting this Saturday, the Hood Canal Bridge will be shutting down for overnight repairs.
The closures will last for one week while the bridge undergoes maintenance and replacement of gearing and rails used to open and close the bridge for water traffic through the strait.
Cara Mitchell. A spokesperson for the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT), spoke with us about the repair schedule.
Those closures run between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM each night starting Saturday, March 18th through Saturday, March 25th.
Future closures beyond those dates will also take place, and WSDOT will keep commuters advised when those future closures are scheduled.
Daytime bridge operations for both water and road traffic should not be affected by the bridge maintenance.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 29th - 06:00 am » Local boat builder to double workforce, state grant to train workers
- 29th - 10:00 am » Man's Body Recovered From Water In PA Boat Haven
- 29th - 07:30 am » Phone Scam Warnings
- 29th - 12:00 pm » PA Schools To Increase Earned Credits For Graduation
- 29th - 09:00 am » More Hood Canal Bridge Closures Slated For April
- 28th - 09:30 am » Sequim Nominated For USA Today Contest
- 28th - 04:00 pm » Arrests made in large drug trafficking case
- 28th - 10:30 am » Sunday's Crime Spree Suspect Arrested
- 28th - 11:00 am » Kilmer Seeks Answers On Naval Air Drills Over Peninsula
- 28th - 09:00 am » Canvassing Board Resolution On Uncounted Ballots Report