The Full Story
Hood Canal Bridge Closures Scheduled
March 14th, 2017 - 09:30 am
Shine – Starting this Saturday, the Hood Canal Bridge will be shutting down for overnight repairs.
The closures will last for one week while the bridge undergoes maintenance and replacement of gearing and rails used to open and close the bridge for water traffic through the strait.
Cara Mitchell. A spokesperson for the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT), spoke with us about the repair schedule.
Those closures run between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM each night starting Saturday, March 18th through Saturday, March 25th.
Future closures beyond those dates will also take place, and WSDOT will keep commuters advised when those future closures are scheduled.
Daytime bridge operations for both water and road traffic should not be affected by the bridge maintenance.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter