The Full Story
Hood Canal Bridge Closures Scheduled
March 14th, 2017 - 09:30 am
Shine – Starting this Saturday, the Hood Canal Bridge will be shutting down for overnight repairs.
The closures will last for one week while the bridge undergoes maintenance and replacement of gearing and rails used to open and close the bridge for water traffic through the strait.
Cara Mitchell. A spokesperson for the Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT), spoke with us about the repair schedule.
Those closures run between the hours of 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM each night starting Saturday, March 18th through Saturday, March 25th.
Future closures beyond those dates will also take place, and WSDOT will keep commuters advised when those future closures are scheduled.
Daytime bridge operations for both water and road traffic should not be affected by the bridge maintenance.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats