The Full Story
Eagle rescued from power lines near Port Angeles
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A bald eagle was rescued after it became tangled in power lines.
Clallam County Sheriff's Deputies, Clallam County PUD, and The Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center work collectively to save the eagle over the weekend.
On Sunday, a resident reported an injured American Bald Eagle
trapped in a power line located at the intersection of Edgewood Dr. and Dry Creek Rd west of Port Angeles.
The sheriff's office responded and requested the assistance of Clallam County PUD and the Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center.
PUD arrived and shut of the electricity to the area which allowed recovery efforts to be performed safely.
Once the power was switched off the eagle self-extricated from the power line. Branches from an adjacent tree broke the fall of the eagle and it landed on the ground without further injury.
Sheriff's Deputies then secured the eagle in a blanket and turned it over to Gary and Jaye Moore of the Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes