The Full Story
Eagle rescued from power lines near Port Angeles
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A bald eagle was rescued after it became tangled in power lines.
Clallam County Sheriff's Deputies, Clallam County PUD, and The Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center work collectively to save the eagle over the weekend.
On Sunday, a resident reported an injured American Bald Eagle
trapped in a power line located at the intersection of Edgewood Dr. and Dry Creek Rd west of Port Angeles.
The sheriff's office responded and requested the assistance of Clallam County PUD and the Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center.
PUD arrived and shut of the electricity to the area which allowed recovery efforts to be performed safely.
Once the power was switched off the eagle self-extricated from the power line. Branches from an adjacent tree broke the fall of the eagle and it landed on the ground without further injury.
Sheriff's Deputies then secured the eagle in a blanket and turned it over to Gary and Jaye Moore of the Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison