The Full Story
Eagle rescued from power lines near Port Angeles
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – A bald eagle was rescued after it became tangled in power lines.
Clallam County Sheriff's Deputies, Clallam County PUD, and The Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center work collectively to save the eagle over the weekend.
On Sunday, a resident reported an injured American Bald Eagle
trapped in a power line located at the intersection of Edgewood Dr. and Dry Creek Rd west of Port Angeles.
The sheriff's office responded and requested the assistance of Clallam County PUD and the Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center.
PUD arrived and shut of the electricity to the area which allowed recovery efforts to be performed safely.
Once the power was switched off the eagle self-extricated from the power line. Branches from an adjacent tree broke the fall of the eagle and it landed on the ground without further injury.
Sheriff's Deputies then secured the eagle in a blanket and turned it over to Gary and Jaye Moore of the Northwest Raptor & Wildlife Center.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter