The Full Story
Cat saved from Port Angeles fire
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – No people were hurt, but a cat had to be rescued from a fire in a Port Angeles home.
Firefighters were called to the house about 2:15 yesterday afternoon at 734 West 9th Street.
Arriving units discovered the single-family residence showing heavy smoke. That resulted in near zero visibility for fire crews.
The homeowner and tenant were on scene and said no one was inside except the tenant’s cat.
Crews quickly put out the fire and found the tenant's cat inside. It was removed from the house, given oxygen and Olympic Veterinary Clinic was contacted to provide ongoing care.
Firefighters say flammable materials stored near a heat source caused the fire.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats