The Full Story
Cat saved from Port Angeles fire
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – No people were hurt, but a cat had to be rescued from a fire in a Port Angeles home.
Firefighters were called to the house about 2:15 yesterday afternoon at 734 West 9th Street.
Arriving units discovered the single-family residence showing heavy smoke. That resulted in near zero visibility for fire crews.
The homeowner and tenant were on scene and said no one was inside except the tenant’s cat.
Crews quickly put out the fire and found the tenant's cat inside. It was removed from the house, given oxygen and Olympic Veterinary Clinic was contacted to provide ongoing care.
Firefighters say flammable materials stored near a heat source caused the fire.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes