The Full Story
Cat saved from Port Angeles fire
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – No people were hurt, but a cat had to be rescued from a fire in a Port Angeles home.
Firefighters were called to the house about 2:15 yesterday afternoon at 734 West 9th Street.
Arriving units discovered the single-family residence showing heavy smoke. That resulted in near zero visibility for fire crews.
The homeowner and tenant were on scene and said no one was inside except the tenant’s cat.
Crews quickly put out the fire and found the tenant's cat inside. It was removed from the house, given oxygen and Olympic Veterinary Clinic was contacted to provide ongoing care.
Firefighters say flammable materials stored near a heat source caused the fire.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison