Cat saved from Port Angeles fire
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – No people were hurt, but a cat had to be rescued from a fire in a Port Angeles home.
Firefighters were called to the house about 2:15 yesterday afternoon at 734 West 9th Street.
Arriving units discovered the single-family residence showing heavy smoke. That resulted in near zero visibility for fire crews.
The homeowner and tenant were on scene and said no one was inside except the tenant’s cat.
Crews quickly put out the fire and found the tenant's cat inside. It was removed from the house, given oxygen and Olympic Veterinary Clinic was contacted to provide ongoing care.
Firefighters say flammable materials stored near a heat source caused the fire.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 29th - 06:00 am » Local boat builder to double workforce, state grant to train workers
- 29th - 10:00 am » Man's Body Recovered From Water In PA Boat Haven
- 29th - 07:30 am » Phone Scam Warnings
- 29th - 12:00 pm » PA Schools To Increase Earned Credits For Graduation
- 29th - 09:00 am » More Hood Canal Bridge Closures Slated For April
- 28th - 09:30 am » Sequim Nominated For USA Today Contest
- 28th - 04:00 pm » Arrests made in large drug trafficking case
- 28th - 10:30 am » Sunday's Crime Spree Suspect Arrested
- 28th - 11:00 am » Kilmer Seeks Answers On Naval Air Drills Over Peninsula
- 28th - 09:00 am » Canvassing Board Resolution On Uncounted Ballots Report