The Full Story
Cat saved from Port Angeles fire
March 14th, 2017 - 05:30 am
(Port Angeles) – No people were hurt, but a cat had to be rescued from a fire in a Port Angeles home.
Firefighters were called to the house about 2:15 yesterday afternoon at 734 West 9th Street.
Arriving units discovered the single-family residence showing heavy smoke. That resulted in near zero visibility for fire crews.
The homeowner and tenant were on scene and said no one was inside except the tenant’s cat.
Crews quickly put out the fire and found the tenant's cat inside. It was removed from the house, given oxygen and Olympic Veterinary Clinic was contacted to provide ongoing care.
Firefighters say flammable materials stored near a heat source caused the fire.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter