The Full Story
Fire burns part of mill power generating plant
March 10th, 2017 - 05:00 am
(Port Angeles) – Crews were able to put out a fire in the big silo at the Co-generation plant at the Nippon mill in Port Angeles.
Firefighters were called to a structure fire at the mill about seven o'clock last night.
Nippon employees reported a fire near the top of the silo.
Smoke was showing from the top of the conveyor that moves boiler fuel to the silo.
Firefighters and mill employees overhauled the area and used pressurized water cans and a dry chemical extinguisher to mitigate the fire.
Fire department captain Jamie Mason says due to the remote
and elevated location, they couldn't use standard water hoses.
No one was injured, but the conveyor belt was burned through.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison