The Full Story
Sequim School Board Director Steps Down
March 8th, 2017 - 11:00 am
Sequim – The Director of the Sequim School Board is stepping down from her position in two weeks.
Director Beverly Horan, is resigning from the school board, on Monday, March 20th. Horan has served on the board for the Sequim School District since 2005.
As a result of Horan's departure, the Board is now taking applications for the appointed at-large board position.
The application period is open beginning March 8th and continues through March 15th. A board interview of the candidates will take place on Monday, March 20th at 6:00 PM during the regular board meeting.
Following an executive session where candidates will be reviewed, nomination for the appointed board member will be made when the board returns to an open meeting.
The newly appointed board member will be seated at the next regular board meeting, scheduled for April 17th.
Applications for the position can be obtained through the school district's web site.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes