The Full Story
Sequim School Board Director Steps Down
March 8th, 2017 - 11:00 am
Sequim – The Director of the Sequim School Board is stepping down from her position in two weeks.
Director Beverly Horan, is resigning from the school board, on Monday, March 20th. Horan has served on the board for the Sequim School District since 2005.
As a result of Horan's departure, the Board is now taking applications for the appointed at-large board position.
The application period is open beginning March 8th and continues through March 15th. A board interview of the candidates will take place on Monday, March 20th at 6:00 PM during the regular board meeting.
Following an executive session where candidates will be reviewed, nomination for the appointed board member will be made when the board returns to an open meeting.
The newly appointed board member will be seated at the next regular board meeting, scheduled for April 17th.
Applications for the position can be obtained through the school district's web site.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter