The Full Story
PAPD Performs 18th Naloxone Save
March 8th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – Port Angeles Police just released information on the life saving efforts by one of their patrol officers.
Back on February 25th, at about 1:50 AM, Officer Kyle Cooper discovered a victim suffering from a heroin overdose in a vehicle on West Marine Drive.
The female victim was slumped over, was unresponsive, and not breathing.
Officer Cooper used two doses of Naloxone and a bag mask to save the patient's life.
Other officers arrived and continued lifesaving efforts including the application of an automated external defibrillator.
The patient was eventually transported to the hospital by ambulance, and survived.
This marks the 18th documented Naloxone save for the Port Angeles Police Department.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA police report shows increase in drug crimes, decrease in burglaries so far this year
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Wrong-way crash on Highway 101 near Carlsborg
- 22nd - 06:00 am » PA to begin options for 8th Street bridges suicide barriers
- 21st - 04:00 pm » KONP's Breakfast with Santa Info
- 21st - 05:30 am » PA man arrested after suspected selling of drugs from local motels
- 21st - 05:30 am » Stand off with police ends peacefully in Port Angeles
- 21st - 06:00 am » Man arrested after shooting in west Port Angeles
- 21st - 05:30 am » Police seek info on rash of shots fired
- 20th - 05:30 am » Study: Marine mammals, not fisherman bigger threat to resident Orcas
- 20th - 05:30 am » Steady rains bring flooding, landslide threats