The Full Story
PAPD Performs 18th Naloxone Save
March 8th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – Port Angeles Police just released information on the life saving efforts by one of their patrol officers.
Back on February 25th, at about 1:50 AM, Officer Kyle Cooper discovered a victim suffering from a heroin overdose in a vehicle on West Marine Drive.
The female victim was slumped over, was unresponsive, and not breathing.
Officer Cooper used two doses of Naloxone and a bag mask to save the patient's life.
Other officers arrived and continued lifesaving efforts including the application of an automated external defibrillator.
The patient was eventually transported to the hospital by ambulance, and survived.
This marks the 18th documented Naloxone save for the Port Angeles Police Department.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 26th - 05:30 am » Sequim man gets lesser sentence after failing drug court
- 26th - 04:30 pm » Teen dies after vehicle crashes over embankment near Sequim
- 26th - 06:00 am » Liars Contest set
- 25th - 09:00 am » PAPD Seeks Help In Two Robbery Reports
- 25th - 10:30 am » WSDOT Offers Tools For Travel This Summer
- 25th - 08:30 am » Fire Marshal Tips For Fire Safety
- 25th - 10:00 am » PA Adds Public Comments Sessions For Other City Buisness Sessions
- 24th - 10:00 am » Plea Deal For Port Angeles Woman On Sex Related Charges
- 24th - 10:00 am » Suspects In Assault Case Enter Not Guilty Pleas
- 24th - 10:00 am » PA Man Sentenced To State Prison