The Full Story
PAPD Performs 18th Naloxone Save
March 8th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – Port Angeles Police just released information on the life saving efforts by one of their patrol officers.
Back on February 25th, at about 1:50 AM, Officer Kyle Cooper discovered a victim suffering from a heroin overdose in a vehicle on West Marine Drive.
The female victim was slumped over, was unresponsive, and not breathing.
Officer Cooper used two doses of Naloxone and a bag mask to save the patient's life.
Other officers arrived and continued lifesaving efforts including the application of an automated external defibrillator.
The patient was eventually transported to the hospital by ambulance, and survived.
This marks the 18th documented Naloxone save for the Port Angeles Police Department.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 05:30 am » Woman gets 45 days for store theft
- 19th - 11:30 am » Joyce Moves To Ban Retail Pot Sales
- 19th - 05:30 am » DUI suspected in bicycle-van crash
- 19th - 10:00 am » PA Looking To Ammend Property Cleanup Code
- 18th - 10:00 am » New (564) Area Code Starts July 29th
- 18th - 12:30 pm » City Hoping For Road Repair Help With Current Ballot Measure
- 18th - 11:30 am » Lower Elwha Executive Says Hotel Plans Will Move Forward
- 17th - 12:00 pm » More Federeal Funding For McDonald Creek Bridge
- 17th - 01:00 pm » Temporary B&B County Ordinance Will Likely Be Extended
- 13th - 10:00 am » ONP Announces McFee Tunnel Opening And 101 Lake Crescent Project Changes