The Full Story
PAPD Performs 18th Naloxone Save
March 8th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – Port Angeles Police just released information on the life saving efforts by one of their patrol officers.
Back on February 25th, at about 1:50 AM, Officer Kyle Cooper discovered a victim suffering from a heroin overdose in a vehicle on West Marine Drive.
The female victim was slumped over, was unresponsive, and not breathing.
Officer Cooper used two doses of Naloxone and a bag mask to save the patient's life.
Other officers arrived and continued lifesaving efforts including the application of an automated external defibrillator.
The patient was eventually transported to the hospital by ambulance, and survived.
This marks the 18th documented Naloxone save for the Port Angeles Police Department.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 25th - 11:00 am » Obscene gesture leads to collision between Jeep and pedestrian in PA
- 25th - 08:30 am » Local Salvation Army leader heads to disaster relief in Texas
- 25th - 12:30 pm » Man killed in Lake Crescent crash
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » 3rd Annual Oxford Cook Off
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Highway 101 to shut down around Lake Crescent
- 22nd - 05:30 am » Unemployment rate stays steady for Clallam County
- 22nd - 12:00 pm » Cascadia Rising Presentation
- 21st - 06:00 am » Search in Clallam County for missing Bremerton man
- 20th - 05:30 am » PA police investigating death of man in trailer
- 20th - 09:00 am » 65% Probability For A La Niña Winter