PAPD Performs 18th Naloxone Save
March 8th, 2017 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles – Port Angeles Police just released information on the life saving efforts by one of their patrol officers.
Back on February 25th, at about 1:50 AM, Officer Kyle Cooper discovered a victim suffering from a heroin overdose in a vehicle on West Marine Drive.
The female victim was slumped over, was unresponsive, and not breathing.
Officer Cooper used two doses of Naloxone and a bag mask to save the patient's life.
Other officers arrived and continued lifesaving efforts including the application of an automated external defibrillator.
The patient was eventually transported to the hospital by ambulance, and survived.
This marks the 18th documented Naloxone save for the Port Angeles Police Department.
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 29th - 06:00 am » Local boat builder to double workforce, state grant to train workers
- 29th - 10:00 am » Man's Body Recovered From Water In PA Boat Haven
- 29th - 07:30 am » Phone Scam Warnings
- 29th - 12:00 pm » PA Schools To Increase Earned Credits For Graduation
- 29th - 09:00 am » More Hood Canal Bridge Closures Slated For April
- 28th - 09:30 am » Sequim Nominated For USA Today Contest
- 28th - 04:00 pm » Arrests made in large drug trafficking case
- 28th - 10:30 am » Sunday's Crime Spree Suspect Arrested
- 28th - 11:00 am » Kilmer Seeks Answers On Naval Air Drills Over Peninsula
- 28th - 09:00 am » Canvassing Board Resolution On Uncounted Ballots Report