The Full Story
Pennies For Quarters Receives Substantial Donation
December 27th, 2016 - 10:30 am
Port Angeles - “Pennies For Quarters” has received a substantial $10-thousand dollar donation to fund its goal has moved another step closer to creating small housing units for homeless veterans in Clallam County.
The idea behind Pennies For Quarters is to put up to 40 tiny homes on 6 acres of land that will provide have laundry facilities, and room for AA meetings or other individual counseling or therapy options for veterans that may be suffering from PTSD, or other issues.
The donor of that stipend is anonymous, but Matt Rainwater, the current board president of Pennies For Quarters, says that the dollars are adding up in support of this cause.
Currently, Pennies For Quarters is in the process of solidifying 501(c)(3) status. For donation purposes they are in a fiscal sponsorship with the Green Alliance for Veterans Education/Northwest Veterans Resource Center, which allows people to give tax deductible donations to Pennies for Quarters through them.
As for the timeline on the project, Rainwater said there are still a number of things to get accomplished.
Rainwater says that contributions are still needed and that they are also looking for volunteers as the project moves forward.
Pennies for Quarters Contact Information:
Web Page: www.PenniesforQuarters.org
Phone (360) 775-4222
LATEST NEWS ITEMS:
- 20th - 06:00 am » Police ID victim of suicide on Port Angeles Waterfront Trail
- 20th - 06:00 am » Lengthy closures on Highway 101 to start again
- 20th - 06:00 am » Joyce man faces possible vehicular homicide charges
- 19th - 06:30 am » Lower speed limits coming on Highway 101 near PA and Sequim
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Icicle Seafoods Hiring Event
- 19th - 06:30 am » More than 50-thousand ballots mailed for Clallam election
- 19th - 09:00 am » Port Angeles School District Capital Projects Levy Meetings
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Taco Tuesday & Silent Auction at Fairview Grange
- 19th - 03:00 pm » Joyce Emergency Planning & Prep Update
- 19th - 06:30 am » PA school board shaping facilities plan